For those of you who don't know, Billboard released their year end list. Since that has happened, I can put together my top ten hit songs of 2014. The only rule is that it has to have been on that aforementioned billboard list.
NUMBER TEN: Counting Stars by Onerepublic
This song is Onerepublics' best song. This comes from a fan of their album "Waking Up." I definitely hope they lean more towards this style of song more so than their normal adult alternative route.
NUMBER NINE: Pompeii by Bastille
I really like Bastille and this song just throws in everything. It's so BIG and catchy. Their album, "Bad Blood" is a solid pop effort. On to number eight!
NUMBER EIGHT: Happy by Pharrel Williams
The inescapable pop smash of the year. It. Is. So. Damn. Catchy. It makes you want to giddily (drunkenly, maybe?) sing along as soon as it comes on.
NUMBER SEVEN: Sing by Ed Sheeran
Ed Sheeran showed promising growth on his "X" album. He has great potential as a songwriter. This song is just engineered to be a huge hit, and I love it.
NUMBER SIX: Come with Me Now by The Kongos
I love that this song is a hit. It's just the right amount of sloppy and unhinged. It's what the pop charts needed.
NUMBER FIVE: Don't by Ed Sheeran
Hi Ed. Yep, he's here twice. The first time I heard this song, I was taken back at how in your face it was.
NUMBER FOUR: The Monster (Feat. Rhianna) by Eminem
The hook is solid, verses are solid. Probably the best rap song to be a hit this year. ("i" by Kendrick Lamar probably would have found its place here if it was a hit)
Before we continue to the top three, here's some honorable mentions: "Bang Bang" by Ariana Grande, "Story of My Life" by Onedirection, "Break Free" by Ariana Grande, "Ain't it Fun" by Paramore.
NUMBER THREE: Chandelier by Sia
The way she strains her voice to the limit really is remarkable. Love it.
NUMBER TWO: Habits (Stay High) by Tove Lo
The production, the subject matter, and the fact that this song is a hit is why I love this song so much. How did this get radio airplay?
NUMBER ONE: Team by Lorde
I love Lorde. Seriously, don't stop making music Lorde. Ever. The creepy intro vocals, the rhythm, and the poetry of this song is why it's at number one.
Please remember this is all personal opinion. Share your favorites in the comments! Keep an eye out for my overall favorites of the year, coming soon.
No comments:
Post a Comment